- Challenger Lifts acquired by Snap-on Incorporated
- Challenger Lifts Increases Rise and Descent Speed with Quick Cycle
- Challenger Lifts Releases New ATV Lift
- Challenger Lifts Launches Car Lifts Podcast Series Available for Download
- Challenger Lifts Releases Guide for AquaVantage™ Car Lifts
- Challenger Lifts Releases Guide for Versymmetric® Technology Car Lifts
- Challenger Lifts introduces new EnviroLift® Electric Hydraulic Inground Car Lifts with Chrome Pistons
- Challenger Lifts enters the Motorsports Service Market with NEW Motorcycle Lift
- Challenger Lifts enters exciting home enthusiast / Do-It-Yourself service and storage market with new car lift models
- Challenger Lifts Extends NADA Show Only Specials
- NADA 2011 Show was a Big Hit
- Challenger Lifts introduces new EnviroLift® Electric Hydraulic Inground Lifts – on Display at NADA Expo 2011 Booth 1101S, February 5th – 7th.
- Tis the season to give at Challenger Lifts - 2010
- Challenger Lifts invites you to booth #1101 South Hall during the 2011 NADA Show!
- King Richard Petty’s Story Being Told by a Car: Legacy by Petty
- Challenger Lifts and Quality Lifts partner with Gen Cap America
- 2010 Holiday Schedule for Challenger Lifts
- EnviroLift® with AquaVantage™ Open House.
- Basney Honda of Mishawaka, Indiana Goes realGREEN™.
- First Mini Cooper Dealer in Louisville Goes realGREEN™.
- State of the Art Mercedes Benz and Audi New Stores choose EnviroLift® with AquaVantage™ In Ground Lifts.
- Spike TV’s Season Premiere Unique Autosports: Miami with Challenger’s CL10V3 2–post car lift
- New Product Release – 4015series 15,000 lb. General Service & Alignment Rack 4–Post Lifts
- Would you buy half a car? Then why buy half a lift?
- ALI – Vehicle Lifting Points: 2010 Edition
- Attn. all Dealers – NADA 2010 is the Best Time to Buy if you’ looking for a lift!
- Ken Towery’s Tire and AutoCare Supercenters Celebrates Opening with 9 EnviroLift® with AquaVantage™ Lifts.
- New Versymmetric® Advantage Video.
- Tis the season to give at Challenger Lifts
- Big News Announcement – Will Castro at 2009 AAPEX Show
- Motor’s Top 20 Tools Award
- 2009 AAPEX Show Las Vegas – Booth #4456
- Max Plus Productivity two post automotive lift, the CL10V3–DPC.
- Challenger Lifts introduces a new two post automotive lift with a 12,000 lb. lifting capacity.
- Fixed Ops Magazine publishes "A New Direction in Lifts" editorial.
- NADA Convention & Expo New Orleans, Jan 24th – 27th – Booth #4827
- Introducing the most environmentally friendly automotive lift to ever hit the market.
- New CLFP9 Low Ceiling Floor Plate Two Post Lift
- Versymmetric® Difference ⁄ Versymmetric® Arm Configurations
- Versymmetric Advantage & Return on Investment
- Lexus of Louisville chooses Versymmetric Inground Lifts
- The automotive lift industry’s first 3–stage front & rear arm 2 Post
- New Stack Adapter Kit now available, Part #10315
- Mac Tools US Nationals – 2008
- Little Lift Fall Sales Promotion
- 2008 AAPEX Show Las Vegas – Booth #4456
- Two post model E10 reduced overall height
- All About Service Bay Safety
- CL10V3 wins 2008 PTEN Innovation Award
- Challenger Lifts raise the bar for working on Top 20 vehicles
- CLM16series mobile column lifting for the heaviest vehicle lifting
King Richard Petty’s Story Being Told by a Car: Legacy by Petty
Cortland, N.Y. (Dec. 7, 2010) – A new custom car being built by Petty’s Garage pays tribute to racing legend Richard Petty. The car tells the story of Petty’s professional life, from his NASCAR Rookie of the Year career start to his record-setting 200 race wins, and from his seven NASCAR Championships to his recent work promoting vehicle lift safety.
The car, named Legacy by Petty, is a Dodge Challenger unlike any other. First of all, it’s a convertible. Dodge doesn’t produce a stock Challenger convertible, so Petty’s Garage worked with Drop-Top Customs on the fully functional convertible conversion. This is the first convertible to come out of Petty’s Garage, Richard Petty’s high-performance speed shop.
Legacy by Petty’s base coat is the trademark Petty Blue color made famous by “The King” Richard Petty’s number 43 Superbird, but it’s the story-telling graphics airbrushed on top that really stand out. Renowned airbrush artist Mickey Harris is covering the vehicle with amazingly detailed images of key moments in Petty’s career, including his spectacular crash on lap 106 of the 1988 Daytona 500 and, as depicted by eagles, Petty’s Medal of Freedom, America's highest civilian award. Petty is the first motorsports athlete ever to be honored with this award. Harris airbrushed every rendering freehand while onlookers and Petty himself watched during a recent open house at Petty’s Garage, located in the former home of Petty’s race team in Level Cross, N.C., on Nov. 11-12, 2010.
The car’s owner is R.W. “Bob” O’Gorman, president of the Automotive Lift Institute (ALI). Petty and ALI have a longstanding relationship: Petty and his son, fellow NASCAR legend Kyle Petty, host Lifting It Right, a DVD focusing on vehicle lift safety that is produced and distributed by ALI and its members.
“Automotive lift safety is not just for the service professional; it’s important in the hobby and collector market too,” said Petty as he stood next to Legacy talking shop with Harris, O’Gorman, and Greg Steadman, general manager of Petty’s Garage.
In addition to Harris’s spectacular paintings, Legacy by Petty will also feature ALI’s website, www.autolift.org under each door opening. The website is a resource for shop owners, technicians and the public to learn more about buying and using a vehicle lift safely, whether in a professional shop or at home. Once Legacy by Petty is complete, it will make appearances across North America, honoring Petty’s career while at the same time helping to educate consumers about the importance of buying and using certified vehicle lifts correctly.
Legacy by Petty is the result of more than 11 months of design and development. It is targeted for completion by Petty’s garage by the end of the year. Unlike many shops that farm out much of a build, Petty’s Garage does it all in-house, bringing in top professionals for specialized work when needed. Outside experts collaborating on Legacy by Petty’s build include Murray Pfaff for creative input and final design renderings, Drop-Top Customs for a fully functional convertible conversion. Kicker Performance Audio has designed the audio and video system while Katzkin Leather created the leather interior that matches The King’s crocodile skin boots.
Once Legacy by Petty is complete, Petty’s Garage will host another open house during which the public can see the finished car and meet those involved in the project, as well as The King himself.
For more information about ALI, visit www.autolift.org or call (607) 756-7775. For more information about Petty’s Garage, visit www.pettys-garage.com or call (336) 498-3745.
Founded in 1945, the Automotive Lift Institute (ALI) is a trade association of North American-based lift manufacturers. ALI’s mission is to promote the safe design, construction, installation, service and use of automotive lifts. In 1947, ALI developed the first Commercial Standard covering vehicle lifts published by the National Bureau of Standards. Today ALI sponsors several national lift safety standards and offers a third-party certification program for automotive lifts. More information about lift standards and other ALI-sponsored safety activities, such as the lift Safety Training DVD Lifting It Right hosted by Richard and Kyle Petty, can be found on the Institute’s website, www.autolift.org.